Thursday, January 20, 2011

Interview-Actor Bhavana


Happy, but hungry for more



Actress Bhavana is shuttling between her busy schedules. She talks to Expresso about breaking stereotypes and her Kannada debut, Jackie

She is bold and beautiful. Bha¬vana, who has wowed the Ma¬layalam, Tamil and Telugu audience with noteworthy per¬formance in various movies, has now enough and more reasons to be happy.
Her debut movie in Kannada Jackie opposite Puneeth Rajkumar is running successfully all over the state. Subtle warmth radiates from her persona as Bhavana talks about her experiences and expectations with palpable enthu¬siasm. Soaking in the success of the movie, the bubbly actress says that she was waiting for a perfect launch in San¬dalwood.
“I have acted in all other South In¬dian languages and was waiting for a good role in Kannada. Though I got a few offers from Sandalwood earlier, I could not commit those due to various reasons. When I got this offer, all I knew was both Puneeth and Suri are big names in Kannada. I liked the story, which was woven with a social mes¬sage, exposing the world of human traf¬ficking. I was pretty sure that it would be a super hit,” says Bhavana, who has her hands full and is thirsting for more.
Justifying her comparatively less important role in the hero-oriented film, Bhavana says her role as Lakshmi in the movie was not just about running around the tree in song sequences.
Bhavana is all praise for her co-star Puneeth Rajkumar with whom she shared the screen for the first time.
“Puneeth is down to earth and sup¬portive. He stood with me and helped to deliver better whenever I had prob¬lems with language. Jackie was their home production. When we went to foreign countries he was generous enough to take care of even small things to avoid problems while shoot¬ing outdoors in cold weather. I think we have good on-screen chemistry also,” she says.
Bhavana is being flooded with offers, and has some brilliant roles in the off¬ing in various languages. She will soon be acting with Sudeep in a Kannada movie.
The chirpy actress, who nurses a fe¬tish for extra ordinary roles, says that she wants to handle action-oriented and naughty roles and come out of the girl-next-door and happy-rich girl im¬age. Smart and assertive, Bhavana, who started acting when she was 16, is very selective about roles now.
“I don’t want to regret after doing some unsatisfying roles. I am looking forward to doing all types of roles that give me an opportunity to prove my act¬ing prowess. If the script is impressive, language is no barrier. When it comes to acting, I am very ambitious and at times, a bit greedy too,” she laughs.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
am a journo by profession....somtimes speechless, somtimes..the chatterbox..somtimes in luv with silence...dreams are the open windows through which i let my heart to fly n fly......when it scale new heights , the sky becomes my world...